1. Unlike most species whose Gods keep to themselves and live only in legend and lore, the Chao gods Chaos and Tikal are well known throughout the Chao people, and have shown themselves multiple times throughout History.
2. Chaos and Tikal are a level of Demi-God. They are immortal, but far form all powerful. In many cases they are on par with the elder Sons of Phoenix.
3. The consider themselves more to be “parents” then “gods”. They create the chao eggs, and give them the breath of life, but then they let their children live their lives and grow on their own.
4. As a rule, they do not interfere with the affairs of their children, unless the species as a whole is threatened, such as when Fade attacked the people and the Tree of Gaia, or way back when the 1st Chao were massacred.
5. There are 3 species of “Chao”, the 1st Kind, the Chao of today, and the Etachao. The 1st Kind were create by Chaos alone, when he first achieved God status and decided to create his own children. Admittedly, they were flawed, and a small relatively unknown species. They were sadly massacred when they were caught within a fur war, which cause Chaos, in this rage and grief, to attack and destroy a good chunk of the planet. It was only the heart of Tikal that soothed him, and caused him to end his rampage. After that, he recreated the Chao species as the ones known today. Centuries after, he and Tikal created the Etachao species, and offshoot of the chao.
6. While the Chao generally pray and respect Chaos as the father of Chao, the Etachao pray to Tikal, the mother of the Etachao. The gods show no preference, and love their children all the same.
7. Over the centuries the gods have chosen multiple avatars to host their essence when they need to interact with the outside world. The current avatars are Crackers and Biscuit. Why was Crackers chosen as avatar? Because the crazy bastard thought it’d be fun to eat an entire set of 7 Chaos Emeralds, and when he got sick, his friends Spazzer and NeoStar tried to “help” him by punching him in the gut to break the emeralds down. This caused the emerald to explode, and be recalled to Chaos- and Crackers along with it. The sheer insanity of the small chao, and his confidence and lack of fear in the face of his god, impressed Chaos. He found he could make use of such a chao, and has used him as an errand boy and avatar ever since. Tikal chose Biscuit because of her bond with her brother, her pure heart, and her position as Chancellor back in the day.
8. Another reason Chaos likes Crackers? He keeps him on his toes. Crackers enjoys pranking his god, and teaching his children to do the same. Because of this, Chaos really, really hates Jello. Although, the god is not shy to having a little fun himself…
9. The gods used to have a location on Gaia where their shrine and home was, but after facing multiple attacks and moving it a few times, they’ve moved into their own realm which is outside time and space. This allows them to do a year of work in a second of they’d like, as they can control the time flow of their realm. The old shrines still exist on Gaia, but are only ancient relics now.
10. Chaos controls every Chaos Emerald, and can recall them on a whim. He recently decided it was time to “upgrade” them and actually works with BlackPaw, Nemo, and Kane to improve them for a “modern world”. Now there are more of them, but only a tiny fraction of the size and power of the old ones.